A geochemistry or petroleum systems PhD, specialist MSc or equivalent post-graduate qualification in geoscience, geochemistry or petroleum systems analysis. Sufficient directly relevant applied industry experience is an acceptable substitute for a PHD.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience in using Petromod, Zetaware (Genesis & Trinity). Petrel or Decision space proficiency is a plus.
- Experience of working in different geological settings – clastics, carbonates, passive margins, tectonically complex.
- Experience in unconventional exploration is preferred;
- A track record of broad-based expertise in all aspects of petroleum systems analysis and will be able to characterize petroleum systems at all scales from frontier basins to appraisal and field development;
- A detailed understanding of heat flow processes and controls through time; assessment of source rock distribution, quantity and quality; kerogen type variability and its control on petroleum generation, expulsion and fluid composition; migration and entrapment of petroleum in the subsurface; pore pressure prediction
- Excellent written, verbal, visual/presentation communication skills and able to work effectively across different cultures;
- Highly collaborative – shares knowledge
- Proven skills in time and project management; able to manage multiple projects concurrently;
- Asset based experience is advantageous, understands role and impact of the expertise and discipline within the wider business context
|Job Category||Information Technology|