Excellent Opportunity for Directional Drilling Specialist- based in Middle-East Oil and Gas project. Tendering and contracting experience. Knowledge of Process safety related to drilling operations.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Tendering and contracting experience.
- Knowledge of Process safety related to drilling operations.
- Knowledge of workover operations in high pressure gas wells.
- Experience in working with QP standard Drilling Engineering Software
- Knowledge drilling engineering software including: Compass; Well Plan; and Open-wells or equivalent industry packages.
- Manages HSE performance on the assigned Offshore rigs by enforcing the requirements of the Drilling Reference Manual (DRM) and by participating in the accident investigation team for all high potential rig incidents (including all Lost Time Incidents) to ensure lessons are captured and corrective action is taken across all drilling related operations.
- Contributes to the formulation of procedures and operational programs to achieve the offshore drilling and workover objectives and ensure that the Drilling Supervisors, Drilling Contractor Personnel and Service Company Personnel are aware of and implement these procedures and programs correctly.
- Analyzes and resolve operational problems such as “well kicks” and stuck pipe events to minimize lost time, safeguard the well bore integrity and avoid recurrence in future wells.
- Manages and monitors the day-to-day activities of the drilling contractor and service companies to ensure that the drilling program is followed accurately and that flawless execution is achieved in all operations.
BSc. in Petroleum Engineering or equivalent. In exceptional cases a lower academic qualification might be accepted for a candidate with a strong record of success at a similar level. IWCF Certified at Supervisor level.
You should have minimum 25 years in drilling operations. Minimum 5 years as an Offshore DSV and 5 years as a Superintendent involved with offshore operations. Minimum 5 years’ experience with an IOC or major NOC at a senior level.
You should have good interpersonal and organizational skills, as well as, an advance level of computer literacy and be proficient in Microsoft Office. You will need excellent communication and presentation skills in both written and verbal English.
|Job Category||Engineering, Oil and Gas|