Directs and controls all activities related to drilling and work over operations carried out by contractors/service companies on assigned rig. Directs and supervises the implementation of various operational programmers including proposing and executing amendments to approved programmers in response to changing operational parameters. Implements the Company’s Health, Safety & Environmental Protection policies and safety management system as applicable to rig operation. Monitors all supply activities of Company materials and equipment to ensure economic and cost effective utilization.
Role and Responsibilities
- Oversees the execution of all operational programmers and acts as company-man on assigned rig covering drilling, work over, well completion and related activities covered by contractors and/or service companies. Receives detailed programmers from Drilling operation & Engineering Section Leader (DROESL), translates into operational activities and conducts detailed observation and inspection of contractors’ activities on site.
- Reviews programmers in the light of work progress, proposes and implements minor amendments to approved programmers in light of unforeseen operations requirements. Discusses proposed programmer changes with Supervisor to improve Drilling operations and implements changes in case of emergency or safety hazardous on own initiative.
- Supervises and controls the activities of Company’s Services personnel involved in the provision of technical services/operations covering wire line logging, fishing, running and pulling completions, acidizing, cementing, directional, drilling, production testing, sampling, coring. etc.
- Monitors execution of related programmers, reviews and reports on progress, arranges administrative support such as accommodation and transportation of personnel and equipment.
- Investigates required supplies, orders materials/equipment from Company stores and occasionally, requests manufacturing of other requirements such as crossovers. etc.
- Controls and ensures the economics consumption and safe utilization of Company supplied materials and equipment. Ensures safe return of equipment and surplus materials to Company’s stores upon completion of related operations.
- Prepares the daily progress report including the daily rig operating cost and supply/acid boats activities at rig site. Holds pre-job meetings with concerned contractor/service companies’ personnel to highlight potential hazards and to advice on preventive measures
- Liaises with Field Production Supervisor for tower inspection and handover of activities at each tower. Handles all emergencies encountered during normal operations of rig moves as per Company established policy.
- Implements and maintains HSE programmer. Report and investigates incidents/accidents and makes necessary recommendations for improvement.
- Ensures that safety equipment and systems are maintained in efficient operating conditions. Ensures that contractors are fully aware and adhere to all Company’s procedures, standards and systems.
- Carries out planned inspection and self-auditing to ensure rig and equipment are properly maintained. Conducts group safety meetings for contractors’ key personnel on the rig.
- Initiates emergency drills and exercises on weekly basis. Discusses near misses on daily basis and draw-up lessons learnt.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by Supervisor such as: Checking and approving job tickets, visiting new towers, reporting major operational problems to supervisor. Etc.
Communication & Organizational Relationships:
- Frequent contacts with concerned Operating Divisions Engineers, Petroleum and well Engineers for coordination of rig move and to maintain smooth Drilling operation.
- Frequent contacts with contractor/service companies’ personnel up to Engineer’s level to discuss matters related to operational programmers. Work progress. Encountered problems. etc.
- Occasional contacts with commercial division up to senior tool services supervisor to coordinate required materials/equipment.
- Determines work methods from several alternatives guided by professional drilling standards (DORM&DSRM)/practices and established company’s procedures. Takes initiative to resolve encountered operational problems during emergencies.
- Completed work is subject to general review by Supervisor.
Bachelor Degree in Mechanical or Petroleum Engineering.
7 – 8 years experience in drilling operation, 3 years of which should be in offshore drilling.
Good knowledge of English.
|Job Category||Engineering, Oil and Gas|