On behalf of one of our clients, a world leading mobile telecoms company that delivers innovative products and services to customers in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia Pacific and the United States, we are looking to find a Cloud Platform Engineer in Hosting Services.
As a Cloud Platform Engineer you are a team member of the German Service Operations team. You will be responsible for the, build, administration, proactive maintenance and management as well as support of planning and design of the Hybrid Cloud Platform across Commercial Hosting environments in order to ensure that we have world class offerings to customers as the business expands in the domestic market and internationally.
The Cloud Platform is defined as the Core Network & Compute Infrastructure, the infrastructure hosting the monitoring environment as well as the infrastructure of the Hybrid Cloud.
The Cloud Platform Engineer role requires a professional who has significant experience in global scale systems management operations, design, architecture and implementation.
He/she shows proven record in delivering significant large scale work packages as part of a project team (e.g. datacentre platform build and integration and customer projects).
The professional needs to have a deep understanding of enterprise or datacentre class IP Networks and Storage area networks (SAN), VMware vCloud (NSX, vSphere, etc), Linux or Microsoft operating systems. Experience with VCE Vblock related Hardware and Software components.
He/she is self-motivated regarding personal and technical development with a view to subject matter expertise in latest Cloud technologies.
The Cloud Platform Engineer must be fluent in German and English, and capable of holding detailed technical discussions at all levels in both languages. The role is based in Germany, Frankfurt am Main.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Offer technical input into, and deliver against the Platforms team roadmap using the product capability development process.
- Evaluate and assess technology options for platform and product proposals. Contribute to the production of High-Level-Designs for all new Platforms.
- Responsible for ensuring routine and proactive maintenance for all components of the platform, ensuring tolerance with vendor support matrices. Drive end-of-life process and platform refreshes.
- Ensure Platform continually assessed for capability, capacity and availability.
- Evaluate all Platform enhancement requests in an unbiased manner relating to effort against value to Hybrid Cloud Platform.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- Significant experience in global scale systems management operations, design, architecture and implementation.
- Proven record in delivering significant large-scale work packages as part of a project team (e.g. datacentre platform build and integration and customer projects).
- Deep understanding of enterprise or datacentre class IP Networks and Storage area networks (SAN), VMware vCloud (NSX, vSphere, etc), Linux or Microsoft operating systems
- Experience with VCE Vblock related Hardware and Software components
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- Degree level qualification
- Minimum of 3 year working in a Datacentre or large Enterprise environment
- VCP professional qualification desirable
- Qualified in complimentary technologies (RHCE/A, LPIC, MCSE, CCNA) desirable.
Project start: 01.03.12 – 31.07.2016 (plus Option)
City: Frankfurt am Main
Then please send your CV in either German or English to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating your earliest availability as well as your hourly or daily rate for ‘all in’ Frankfurt am Main.
Thanks a lot for your time and I look forward to hearing from you.
With kind regards,
IRS International Recruitment Services GmbH
|Job Category||Information Technology|