Being part of a production team that builds up vacuum equipment with applications in the industrial cleaning, the primary role of the Sr Heavy Vehicle Mechanical Technician is to build up Mechanical components based on prescribed quality instructions & as-built drawings in compliance with a strict production planning. Provide automotive/truck service. Increase body build experience to wider area’s
Primary Responsibilities (Department related)
Mechanical truck body & machinery assembly / installation
1. Being part of the assembly team, with other body builders in different technical area’s, you will assemble vacuum equipment towards it’s final completion stage according a strict production planning
2. Building-up (install / fit) mechanical component based on prescribed technical instructions & as- built drawings onto the truck and it’s driveline. Components like pipes (low pressure/high pressure), valves, flanges, actuators, gaskets, pumps, shafts, transfer gear boxes, PTO’s, V-belts, covers, hydraulic components, tanks, skids, …
3. Perform accurate measurements & calibration to ensure high quality fitting & component performance
4. Bolt fitting as per the torque instructions
5. Perform leak inspections after component fittings
6. Make modifications of mechanical components (drilling, sawing, grinding, hammering, TIG welding, cleaning…). Prepare/modify intermediate parts, welds and treads.
7. Lubricating of truck & body parts
8. Register & report to supervisor the production progress, quality non-conformities (defects, interventions…) & improvement suggestions
9. Promote a safe and efficient working culture within the workshop
10. Control the job place housekeeping after each task and at the end of each working shift
Secondary Responsibilities (additional responsibilities assigned by the Production Supervisor / management)
Fleet Servicing Support
1. Perform maintenance and repair activities on certain company vehicles
2. Support the Service department
Hydraulic_Pneumatic_Electric truck body & machinery assembly / installation
Perform beyond own specialism and knowledge, the truck body build in other specialty area’s likewise Hydraulic_Pneumatic_Electric to become more multifunctional in time.
5. COMPETENCE MATRIX
Profound technical understanding, Detailed oriented to provide the highest level of Quality, Solution driven, Team player, Responsible, Systematic & Organised working approach, Seeker for Continuous improvement and Mutual respect, Ability to follow oral and written instructions
Candidate must possess at least a recognised trade test certificate/ Vocational Diploma/ dealer training certificates / Short Course Certificate, or a Bachelor’s/college Degree relevant to automotive/heavy vehicle in mechanical fields
Minimum 5y experience in a heavy equipment mechanical workshop. Work experience with a service workshop of an official truck dealer is advisable (MAN, Mercedes, Scania, Iveco…).
Ability to read and understand schematic/as-built drawings and user instructions
Strong mechanical competence
Having Crane Rigging skills is a relevant asset
Good knowledge in English (Speaking, Reading & Understanding)
Integer, Reliable, Punctual & Accurate, Disciplined, Result Oriented, Verbal & Written Communication Skilled, Team worker, Planner & Organizer, Initiator, Stress Tolerant, Self motivated and Willing to keep on learning
We hope we have attracted your interest in this position. Please send us a copy of your CV along with your earliest availability and your salary expectations.
Please feel free to contact us should you be in need of any additional information whatsoever.
We look forward to hearing from you!
With the kindest regards,
Your IRS Team
IRS International Recruitment Services GmbH
60327 Frankfurt am Main
Office : +49 (0) 69 8600 6700
Fax : +49 (0) 69 8600 6710
Web : www.irs-services.com