Department : Sales & Marketing
Line Manager : Chief Commercial Officer
Proactively monitor-changing market needs and creatively develop and manage new P&S development cycle. Plan, manage and control the lifecycle of a given product family in order to maximize the growth, product revenues, profitability and customer satisfaction.
- Ensure sales revenue targets, profit targets, market share and market penetration for products and services, as set within the designated product family and in all target markets, are achieved.
- Ensure monitoring, meeting and reporting on customer satisfaction, market and revenue performance for the product family in accordance with targeted standards & objectives and take corrective actions, as
- Set and manage the budget in accordance with corporate Business plan – on time and on- budget.
- Ensure developing & managing the product family strategy, objectives and Business
- Ensure that substitution and cannibalization of products & services are always kept to the minimum and/or as
- Ensure availability of competitive products & services in a competitive market
- Ensure setting and agreeing with Sales & Account Management teams revenue targets & market shares for the product family, monitor performance and take corrective
- Increase reliability/C.S. and faults of product as
- Decrease churn of product as
- Develop and manage product family business plans, budgets and performance for all products, including total product quality, SLAs, and identification of target gaps and inconsistencies.
- Monitor and ensure that all revenue goals and customer satisfaction objectives are met through allocating work to P & S management
- Manage market position, customer expectations and target
- Set service level KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) according to Telecom industry best practices
- Maximise P & S family life cycle value through managing and controlling channel and distribution performance, minimizing product cannibalization, repositioning P&S portfolio offerings, initiating/monitoring related marcom activities, bundling/packaging of various P & S and controlling withdrawal and substitution at the end of the life
- Effective management of the product life cycle of all products within the family.
- Motivate, train, coach and develop subordinate
- Utilise the resources and enhance the skills & knowledge required by product management strategies.
- Participate and contribute the creation and development of new products ideation and development.
- Develop specific products that satisfy customer needs, and meet profit targets, and budgetary objectives in a competitive market
- Develop and deploy new P&S are aligned with the priorities of P&S development, P&S management and P&S marketing support
- Manage the enhancement and the development of existing P&S in coordination with P&S management, network development & network
- Create product development team(s) (PDT), for P&S development form preliminary investigation stage to stable
- Coordinate and support the provision of solutions and technical consultancy to the Account Managers, Solution Specialist to support bids, new product development, P&S enhancements and P&S
- Build and maintain relationship/partnership with relevant technology suppliers to identify opportunities and provide valuable customer solutions.
- Develop and test solutions, products, services and system integration to meet the changing requirement of the existing customers and the demands of the new
- Establish effective channels in order to gain competitive advantage
Vendors, Suppliers, Partners & alliances, Customers, Regulators, PTT’s.
Sales & Delivery, Account management, Cross-BU functional managers, Network Management, IT, Network Development, Procurement, Legal and Regulatory Affairs, Quality Control, Internal Auditors & Customer Support, and Finance.
Contacts within P&S Unit within Market Development, Market Research, Marcom, other Product Family managers and Product Development teams.
Equipment & Materials
- Data systems
- Capacity records
- Portfolio and budget reporting
- Product records and procedures
- Performance Management records
- Channel and distribution records
- Product definitions
- Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- New product development budget reports
- New product and performance reports
- Marketing plans
- Price/costing analysis
- P & S definition/specifications
- Business cases
Problems associated with the following issues: –
- Product development delays
- Failure of product to meet performance criteria fluctuations in development budget
- Product and service enhancement, growth, maximization and retention in the market
- Fluctuations in Business performance
- Customer satisfaction
- Failure to meet SLA’s
- Competitive pressures
- Meeting revenue targets, profit targets and business plan
- Cross-products cannibalization and substitution
- Priorities & targets conflict with the Sales & Account Management teams
- Pressures of Industry Regulator
Decisions related to the following issues:-
- Ideation, definition and specification of new product
- Contribute in settings P&S roadmap
- Filtration and privatization of ideas
- Plan and implement product development
- Improve new product development process
- Negotiations with suppliers, vendors, partners and alliances
- Product and service delivery
- Set and manage the Family P&S
- Minor product
- Contributing to P&S pricing, bundling and packaging
- Impact on market and competitors
- Leading, assessing and developing staff through carrying out performance management reviews and arranging training & development
- Set & Manage P&S Family Diversification strategy
- End of life for unprofitable
- Contribute in adopting suitable cost structures to ensure P&S profitability
Skills & Qualification
BA in Business studies / marketing. MBA preferably in strategic planning with an all-encompassing knowledge of marketing, specifically product management. He/she will have a demonstrable track record of developing and leading a marketing team in a Telecom market. Specific experience is detailed below:
- At least 8 years experience in product management, brand management, marketing management and some financial knowledge
- Minimum 5 years experience in telecommunications
- Ability to translate business needs into products strategies
- Business case development experience
- Marketing Plan development experience
- Channel Marketing/Retail experience
- Demonstrated competencies in the areas of conceptual and strategic thinking
- Demonstrated competencies in conducting public presentations & demonstrations to market P&S.
- Budgetary planning and control
- Total Life Cycle product development and management
- Market and Competitor Analysis
- Conceptual knowledge of Telecom industry legacy services and emerging trends (, Telecommunications Medias & Telecommunication Protocols )
- Product Marketing Skills (Positioning, Labeling and promotion)
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail
- Out of the box thinker with positive attitude
- Team management and people development skills
- Business planning skills
- Excellent negotiations skills
- Understanding of regulatory environment
|Job Category||Information Technology|