Position Title : ICT Infrastructure Specialist
Department : Network Development
Line Manager : Chief Technical Officer
Purpose of the position:
To manage, control, plan, design, monitor and evaluate all ICT infrastructure Solutions (structured cabling) within the buildings for all projects carried out by the company. This is for the purpose to achieve and maintain high-level quality of service provided to all customers that meets their expectations. In addition to plan, manage, control, and monitor teams involved in internal building telecom cabling. Moreover, participate effectively and economically in the delivery of a world class telecommunication services and customer solutions for maximum customer satisfaction.
- To ensure that the projects plans, delivery schedule, service assurance, SLAs and KPIs are timely and effectively produced to meet departments’ objectives; and that they are achieved according to the agreed
- To manage and maintain excellent customer’s relationship and create communication links to effectively monitor and progress service provision, service assurance and support.
- Ensure that work is carried out to customers efficiently and effectively through monitoring work progress and co-ordinate staff
- To Plan and manage the ICT cabling Projects and planned outages (changeover) in liaison with the Account Managers, product owners, business development team .
- Ensure that continuous enhancements are carried out to the working procedures and practices with the aim of simplifying them to meet customer needs in the most economical
- Prepare quotations for structured cabling .
- Design an ICT structured cabling solution for each
- Inform management about new business opportunities coming from new major sites developers.
- Evaluate structured cabling projects in term of financial achievement, meeting RFS and quality.
- Manage and supervise the staff ,contractors teems, provide guidance and corrective actions to curb deviations and variances from KPIs
- Plan, Manage and control the performance of ICT infrastructured service provision, assurance, support teams, and Team co-ordinators, provide guidance and corrective actions to curb deviations and variances from KPIs
- Manage day-to-day teams, customers’ interaction and expectation for multiple or large scale projects.
- Reviews the status reports of team members across projects and address issues as appropriate.
- Analyze profitability, revenue, margins, bill rate and utilization across
- Effectively communicates relevant project information to superiors
- Develop, improve and implement working methods and schedules, to enhance efficiency and effectiveness.
- Review business processes and re-engineer to improve work practices in order to deliver high-level quality of service and achieve customer
- Monitor and clear all pending and rejected orders, in order to reduce customer-waiting time and improve quality of
- Prepare and send monthly report about all ICT calling activities to product and senior management.
- Prepare and send monthly report about all project achieved by ICT infrastructure team to senior
- Participate in virtual teams, consisting of respective account managers, network planning and network operation teams, to carry out medium and large
- Provide technical guidance and support the sales force and subordinates on all issues related to ICT cabling and project
- Liaise with other concerned sections in order to provide the required services or support to customers (e.g. service provision, fault management, training/education, technical details, system specifications ).
- Conduct regular meetings with customers; external and internal associated departments to ensure that all KPI’s, SLAs and quality of service are met and all processes are carried out in a professional
- Participate in preparing training plans according to Business needs in liaison with the Human Resources Development department, including new services and products to meet the required
- Lead, motivate and discipline a large team through the active promotion of time working environment to meet all objective set in the area of service provision and
- Contribute in preparation of the internal wiring tariff, for labour and
- Maintain leave, punctuality, overtime control, and prepare assessment for the subordinate including development and training
- Compile, analyze and certify reports produced by staff and contractors, in the form of stats, records, payment diaries, etc, ensuring they are produced to the agreed
- The job holder communicates internally, with all staff at all levels. And externally, with customers, high government utilities, VIP’s, police officers, contractors, developers, consultants, and suppliers, represent the Company in coordination
Ensure that staff is aware of all company procedure and policies, especially those related to safety and regulations, making sure that work activities are carried out according to and in compliance’s with ISO9002 procedures.
Equipment and Materials – Normal office
- ISO 9000 manuals and
- Product and services operation manuals.
- Buildings low voltage
- Sales tariff
- Customer Relation System , MS- Visio & MS- Project).
- ICT customers data
- Service provision
- Customer SLA and
Skills & Qualification
Problems associated with the following:
- Subordinate / contractor staff performance motivation and
- Allocation of resources for multiple
- Non-compliance to technical standards by
- Time schedule and execution of work by subordinate staff and
- Scoping project to Subordinate and contractor
- Evaluating project carried by Subordinate / contractor
- Difficulties to achieve technical requirements imposed by other
- Technical and other site difficulties to execute
- Disagreement of executed quantities between contractor and
- Complains from customers regarding delay of service delivery and quality of service.
- Resolving issues regarding lack of internal wiring ( structured cabling )
- Inadequate safety measures by subcontractor and/or
- Changing and growing technologies, processes and volume
- Method of implementing project
- Related to Design
- Development, improvement and modified business processes
- Scoping project to all related
- Evaluating project to KPI and allocated
- Referral to appropriate functions and
- Related to staff training, supervision, control, discipline, job rotation and progression.
- Authorize/approval of medium and major project plan prepared by
- On operating budget expenditure for internal wiring ( structured cabling ).
- Stock items and
- Negotiate and agree to resolve any conflict with customers, other utilities and team members.
- Suspension of contractors working
Experience & Qualifications
- HND, in Telecomm or
- 4 – 5 years experience at supervisory level in internal cabling & ICT
- Good knowledge of all ICT system systems and associated
- Sound knowledge of computer systems and applications is essential.